Kickboxing – The best cardio exercise for your body.
Cardio exercises are considered to be the best form of exercise to lose body fat. A new strategy of exercises is kickboxing, which plays a great role in increasing the flexibility of the nerves.
A popular form of kickboxing is known as aerobic or cardiovascular (cardio) kickboxing, which combines elements of boxing, martial arts, and aerobics to provide overall physical conditioning and toning. Cardio kickboxing can be the best whole body workout you ever had. Unlike other types of kickboxing, it does not involve physical contact between competitors — it’s a cardiovascular workout that’s done because of its many benefits to the body.
Kickboxing increases your agility, coordination, balance, strength, and cardio fitness. And according to the American Council of Exercise (ACE) a one-hour class burns about 500-800 calories, twice as much as a regular aerobic workout. For those who have grown bored with other forms of cardio exercise, kickboxing can be a great alternative!
Another form of Kickboxing is the mixed martial-arts form, which involve sparring sessions where there is physical contact between the competitors. This not only conditions the body but also is a great platform to practice the self defense & martial arts learnt in other sessions. Cardiovascular system is also benefited from this form of kickboxing because it involves aerobic workout in the true nature as during the classes students are constantly- bobbing, weaving and jumping amidst the punches and kicks, and hence their heart rate stays elevated.
With kickboxing, you’d be required to perform simultaneous arm and length movement; you would be carrying out 1,000 or so of coordinated fast twitch muscles. With these, your metabolism can be hastened and you would burn more calories. As you burn more calories, you’d be taking the inches off little by little. Within a few minutes of doing the workout, you would feel energized.
You may be out of breath in the first few sessions, but in time your cardiovascular health will improve. Through constant training, you will become less winded. As your endurance increases, it means that your heart muscle is getting stronger. Your heart will beat more efficiently, and your risks for certain diseases (heart disease, diabetes, etc.) will be reduced.
The following are some of the benefits associated with a kickboxing workout:
• It is a whole-body workout, and regular practice of kickboxing with perfect rules and regulations eliminates the need for other exercises to remain fit.
• Most of them restrict the extent of their movements while practicing gym exercises, but with kickboxing there are no limits to your movements.
• It helps to improve the health of the heart by increasing the pumping capacity of the heart, and also reduces the pressure while breathing.
• Though a fun-filled exercise, kickboxing demands alertness, flexibility and patience. As can be seen, that kickboxing not only improves the physical standards of your health but also mental health.
• In addition to improving your health both physically and mentally, you can use kickboxing for defensive purposes.
• Practice of the kicks appropriately helps to strengthen your legs. It does not only enable you from free movement of the body, but also strengthen the abdominal muscles.
• Kickboxing helps to obtain relief from aggression and serves as a means to reduce stress.
As with any other exercise, if you want to improve your cardiovascular condition or trim an inch here and there, you’ll have to do it regularly. Two or three sessions a week is probably the minimum; in between you can go for a brisk walk, do some yoga to increase your flexibility, or simply take time to rest. Do whatever lets you return to your kickboxing class with renewed vigor. Then you can thoroughly enjoy punching out the bully in your work place or that driver who was driving rash and made the mistake of picking a fight on you! :)